The following terms and conditions apply to transactions on our website at marine-world.co.uk
The placing of an order indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Please read them carefully and if required, print a copy for your records or future use. To Order through this website you must be at least 18 years of age. We will treat each order as a commitment by you to purchase the goods subject to these terms and conditions.
- 1.1“ Buyer” means the individual or organisation who buys or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller.
- 1.2“ Consumer” shall have the meaning ascribed in section 12 or the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977;
- 1.3“ Contract” means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods incorporating these Terms and Conditions
- 1.4“ Goods” means the articles that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller.
- 1.5“ Seller” means Marine World Aquatics
- 1.6“ Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and condition agreed in writing by the Seller.
- 2.1 Nothing in these Terms and Condition shall affect the Buyer’s statutory rights as a Consumer.
- 2.2 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts of sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over other documentation or communication from the Buyer.
- 2.3 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- 2.4 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between parties) shall be in applicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
- 3.1 All orders for Goods shall be deemed an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Terms and Condition subject to acceptance by the Seller. The Seller may choose not accept an order for any reason.
- 3.2 Where the Goods ordered by the Buyer are not available from stock the Buyer shall be notified and give the option to either wait until the Goods are available from stock or cancel the order and receive a full refund within 30 days.
- 4.1 The price of the Goods shall be that stipulated on the Seller’s current price list. The Price is inclusive of VAT. The Price does not include delivery charges. Additional delivery charges are payable for delivery both within and outside the United Kingdom.
- 4.2 Payment of the Price and delivery charges must be made in full before dispatch of the Goods.
The Seller reserves the right to adjust the price and specification of any item in its current price list.
The Seller warrants that the Goods will at the time of dispatch correspond to the description given by the Seller. We will endeavour to ensure that all goods received by the buyer are a true likeness to the actual photograph shown on the website. Goods may however appear different due to many attributing factors i.e. lighting and living conditions.. Except where the Buyer is dealing as a Consumer, all other warranties, conditions, or terms relating to fitness for purpose, merchantability or the condition of the Goods, whether implied by the Statute, common law or otherwise are excluded, and the Buyer is satisfied as to the suitability of the Goods for the Buyer’s purpose.
We are extremely confident in the health of all livestock we send out and combined with our shipping methods offer your our Live Arrival Guarantee. In order to eligible for our Live Arrival Guarantee, please note the following:
YOU MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING DOA (DEAD ON ARRIVAL) PROCEDURE CORRECTLY, FAILING TO DO SO WILL NULIFY YOUR CLAIM.
In the unlikelihood of your order being DOA please email or telephone us within 1 hour of signing for the package on day of receipt
EMAIL: email@example.com (leave a telephone number to call you back on)
TEL: 07779162162 / 01274416425
Once you have notified us you then have 24 hours to provide us with the following photographic evidence:
For marine fish we require:
You will know if your fish is dead as it will sink down to the bottom, observe for fin movement and discolouration, most fish sink when they die, but float to the top as they begin to rot. Closely observe the aquatic life upon acclimatising if it hasn’t moved don’t presume its dead but sometimes they are just resting. We advise to add air stone to acclimatising this will increase oxygen level to your live stock. Monitor the fins and gills for any sort of tiny movements, if in doubt call us.
For marine inverts we require:
For corals we require:
Please see review our recommended acclimatisation procedures for corals below to ensure your new coral adjusts to your system with the least possible stress.
Acclimatising your new corals is a vital process to ensure they survive and thrive in your system. People use many different methods but most of them are very similar, below is our preferred choice:
This careful process is vital to ensuring your coral or any other livestock’s long term success.
The same above process can be use for Fish and Inverts however this is not recommended, we strongly advise you put all livestock into a quarantine tank for 30 days where you can observe it before placing it into your display tank, make sure you follow the above procedure before placing livestock into your quarantine tank
- 7.1 The Seller shall use its reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery. In any event time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any third party whether directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet the estimated delivery date.
- 7.2 Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer’s address specified in the order and the Buyer shall make all the arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- 7.3 Title and risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery of the Goods.
- 7.4 The date for delivery shall be arranged between the buyer and seller on a mutually agreed basis, once full payment has been received
- 8.1 The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify the Seller within 1 working day of delivery if the Goods are damaged or do not comply with any of the Contract, photographic evidence will be required. If the Buyer fails to do so they shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods.
- 8.2 The Buyer is responsible for all costs involved in returning the Goods should a return be required.
- 9.1 Except as may be implied by law where the Buyer is dealing as a Consumer, in the event of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Seller the remedies of the Buyer shall be limited to damages which shall in no circumstances exceed the value of the Goods and the Seller shall under no circumstance be liable for any direct, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatever.
- 9.2 The seller will not be responsible for any delays, damage or losses due to a third parties performance i.e. delays in delivery by contract courier or damage caused by them.
- 9.3 Where the seller believes that the buyer has a justifiable complaint then a credit will be issued for an amount deemed reasonable to the specific order.
No wavier by the Seller (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under this contract shall prejudice its right to do so in the future.
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstance outside its reasonable control, but not limited to Acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents of war, fire breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitles to a reasonable extension of time to fulfil its obligations.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be served and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
The Seller shall be entitled to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time, but this right shall not affect the existing Terms and Conditions accepted by the Buyer upon making a purchase.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.